Its ample capabilities include macro- and microphotography, as well as advanced software controls for the shooting process, including adjusting of exposure, brightness, contrast, color, etc. The camera has a color sensor embedded and a programmable mode of black-and-white emulation embodied.
Attached to an USB port on a computer, the TVC-9.1 requires neither special video board nor individual power source. PAPILLON's camera-and-object holder provides reliable camera mounting.
The camera ensures the imaging in a wide rage of linear dimensions, including the shooting of close-ups of small objects by means of extension rings that maximize its focal distance up to 30 mm (when using all the 3 extension rings), providing thereby the image capture with ten times magnification.
Capturing micro images is available through a microscope attached to the camera via special connector and equipped with a photomicrographic unit.
Color shooting is available through an embedded infrared-cut filter that cuts the infrared component of light. This method of image capture enables the color images of higher quality than those captured in standard environment.
The PAPILLON TVC-9.1 USB camera is capable of taking pictures in infrared light, i.e. with infrared backlight or in conditions of natural or sufficiently intensive artificial light .
The following image parameters can be adjusted through the application window:
- Image scale in the preview window
- Image size to be recorded (2592 х 1944 or 1286 х 972 pixels)
- Dynamic range of the image (8 or 12 bits)
- Chromatic level (color or grayscale image)
- Exposure (program auto-exposure or manual exposure control)
- Brightness and color balance
The PAPILLON software allows you to change the exposure over a wide range through accumulating signal on the camera image sensor. In comparison with standard video cameras, this feature makes it possible to enhance the signal-to-noise ratio or to reduce the lighting requirements.
When shooting moving objects, frames are recorded in an accumulation buffer. Then a needed frame can be selected for examination.
Live video of an object on the computer screen helps the user to achieve a better quality of the image by applying various adjusting tools..
TWAIN Interface Features:
The following extra options can be developed at Customer's request:
- Real-time image capture
- Sequenced frame recording (up to 100)
- Frame selection
- Processing filters
- Transfer of processed frames to TWAIN app
- Digitization modes: 8 bit / 12 bit
- 12 bit to 8 bit transformation with automatic or manual tuning to dynamic range of the image
- RGGB to RGB (8:8:8 or 16:16:16) transformation
- Adjustment of chromaticity and color tone; gamma correction
- External synchronization (frame capture by external signal)
- Bringing-out of internal synchronization