PAPILLON offers a highly automated and comprehensive way of examining ballistic evidence in investigation of firearm-related crimes. The latest generation of our identification solutions, ARSENAL ABIS (Automated Ballistic Identification System) responds to the needs of law enforcers worldwide by providing increased search accuracy and powerful visualization and analysis tools.
ARSENAL has been designed as an integrated solution that provides valuable help in solving gun-related crimes – from bullet and cartridge case image acquisition to analysis of match results and reporting.
The ARSENAL automated ballistic imaging database contains ballistic fingerprints from guns recovered from crime scene (Evidence Objects) and from those test-fired in a laboratory or other controlled environment (Test-fired Objects).
Electronic databases created in ARSENAL ABIS and state-of-the-art communication networks open up the possibilities to get a remote access to ABIS databases for sharing and comparison of exhibit information and images anytime.
At the heart of the ARSENAL system is its unique, versatile PAPILLON Surface Scanner.
- Creation and maintenance of electronic collections of projectiles and cartridge cases, including their fragments, fired from rifled, smoothbore and non-lethal guns
- Automatic search of the database for exhibits fired from the same barrel
- Automation of trace evidence analysis
- Solving and/or establishing connection between gun-related crimes
- Database and network capabilities for multilevel geographically distributed systems
For more details...
PAPILLON ARSENAL (PDF)...