Uploading pictures in the smartphone
PAPILLON-LATOP offers in-the-field identification of latent impressions of fingers and palms found at crime scenes by checking them against the PAPILLON AFIS databases in real time, making it possible to solve crimes hot on the traces.
- Smartphone with PAPILLON-LATOP mobile application
- PAPILLON-FOSKO Evidential Photography Mobile Kit:
- Digital camera
- Block of lights
- Translucent platform
- Battery pack, battery charger
- SDIO Wi-Fi adapter
- High-quality evidential photography of latent finger and palm prints developed on objects and those lifted with lifting tapes, in various illumination conditions::
- Direct yellow light
- Direct ultraviolet light
- Oblique yellow light
- Oblique ultraviolet light
- Transmitted light
- Transmission of latent print images to AFIS for matching
- Receiving results of searches that include (if there is a match):
- name, demographics and mugshot
TWO MODES OF OPERATION
- Photography: the smartphone is connected through Wi-Fi to the camera to receive photos recorded on the card.
- Communication with AFIS database: the smartphone is connected through GPRS with the AFIS server to transmit a search request and to receive results of searches.
CONNECTIVITY with AFIS :
HOW IT WORKS
Captured images are automatically transmitted onto the smartphone.
The operator initiates an interrogation request.
Connectivity with AFIS is automatically established (up to 5 inquiries can be sent simaltaneously for processing and matching).
At the AFIS site, the latents are coded by an operator and a high-priority search of the database is conducted. The system generates a list of matches. The operator verifies the candidates and sends the results back to the requestor. The search report contains mugshots and demographic information.